New NACE Institute Ethics Requirement
Ethics is the foundation of any certification program and reinforces the principles set forth by the NACE Institute. Starting January 1, 2021 all new certification applicants and certification renewal applicants will be required to meet the new Ethics Requirement passed by the NACE Institute Certification Commission. A course is offered by NACE International that meets this requirement, but this can be met by participating in any ethics course or training that meets the below criteria:
Equivalent training must cover each of the topics listed below. Proof of completion will need to be submitted as part of the new or renewal application process.
- Types of unethical behavior commonly encountered in the corrosion field
- Factors that may lead to unethical decision making in the field of corrosion
- Ethical decision-making best practices or processes
- Impacts of unethical decisions or unethical behavior
- How to report unethical behavior
You can view information about the Ethics for the Corrosion Professional Course here.